Recent Posts

Thursday, March 20, 2014

CA wardrobe, meet WA.

When we first even started talking about moving from sunny CA to Bellingham WA, one of my thoughts was, "what will I wear?" No joke. That is a legitimate concern for all girls on a regular basis, let alone when you are completely changing climates. It's cold and rainy here and I was used to needing mainly tank tops and shorts for at least half the year in Clovis. It was a serious adjustment to be made in my wardrobe without breaking the bank. 

We decided on doing one big jacket each at first to get us there, then we could adjust or add as needed. We both went with The North Face & are both extremely happy with them. We had to have a hood and keep us California natives warm without looking like puff balls, we're trying to blend in here after all.


I got the Lola Soft Shell Trench in black.
Josh got the Momentum TriClimate 3 in 1 also in black.


So far the weather has been amazing in Bellingham and I have been surprised how well my clothes work here. I have always loved coats, boots, and big sweaters and now I am finally getting to put all of them to good use! I have been layering my loose chunky sweaters with a fitted plain long sleeve for warmth. Wearing a lot of scarves, big surprise. My favorite has been my infinity scarf my friend Jamie knit me (on in the above pictures). And a beanie for rainy days with second day hair...or just because.


One of my funnest purchases has been my furry Army North Face boots. I found them, never been used, at a consignment store in downtown Fairhaven. I am so excited about this place, their owner is picky about what they bring in and she gets most of it from Seattle so it's higher end quality stuff. I even found a nice big Lululemon fleece there too! But what I love about my boots is that they are not at all what I was thinking I wanted, but they are so fun and add so much to my outfit, whether it be running to breakfast with Josh or going on a hike. To top it off they were only $45.



Ever since we made it official that we were moving to a climate that rains a ton, I finally had the reason I needed to buy myself some Hunter wellies. I could never justify them in CA where it rains about 4 times a year. They are literally a necessity to me these days. I was lucky enough to find a pair on sale at REI recently for $95 instead of their usual $150 at Nordstroms.



I am going to try to get better about posting more about what I am wearing and where I am finding great stuff. Hope you enjoyed a peak in my closet!
xoxo

Lexi



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um excuse me post more please thanks bye. Love and be loved.

Post a Comment

Lexi Dawn Kiker. Powered by Blogger.